TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. ‘Imperium Illustrations’ is Alanna Rance trading as Imperium Illustrations.
2. ‘The Client’ is the party making a booking for design related services from Imperium Illustrations.
3. ‘An Order’ is the request for services from Imperium Illustrations.
4. ‘The project’ is a term used to describe service from Imperium Illustrations. The terms and conditions apply to all dealings between The Client and Imperium Illustrations. By placing an order with Imperium Illustrations, you as a Client are forming a legally binding contract for services and you agree to the following terms and conditions.
• All quotes are valid for 7 days only.
• All prices are excluding GST unless otherwise stated.
• All prices are in Australian Dollars.
• Any additional work outside the terms (including additional design concepts and revisions) will be charged at an hourly rate of $60 per/hour.
• Imperium Illustrations is not responsible for increases in materials by third party services (eg printers, packaging suppliers, web developers) where the increases are beyond our control.
• A 50% non-refundable booking deposit is required before starting any design project.
• All overseas clients are required to pay 100% upfront regardless of the project price.
• Payments are to be made either by bank deposit transfer or PayPal.
• All international clients incur a 5% international money transfer fee.
• All invoice terms are 5 business days from the date of the invoice.
• Accounts which are not paid on time will incur a late administration fee of $50 + GST.
• Accounts which remain outstanding for 14 days after the date of invoice will incur an additional payment fee equivalent to 5% of the projects costs for each week payment is outstanding.
• Final artwork files will not be handed over until the invoice has been paid in full.
• All printing invoices must be paid prior to sending the artwork to print.
• All work not completed within a 2 month period will be invoiced regardless.
• Payment is required for any artwork or drafts, that have been terminated on your request at any stage of development, prior to completion. Invoice will be issued as ‘work to date’.
• If debt collection is required for unpaid invoices, The Client is responsible for any costs incurred (fees/commissions payable to the debt collectors).
• The Client may cancel this Agreement for any reason by providing a minimum of 10 days written notice to Company, any deposit paid prior to cancellation will be non-refundable.
• Imperium Illustrations may cancel this Agreement at any time for any reason by providing written notice to The Client. In the event that Imperium Illustrations cancels this Agreement, Imperium Illustrations will provide any artwork completed and paid for to date.
• Imperium Illustrations cannot guarantee the outcome of design services and the client’s comments about the outcome are expressions of opinion only.
• The Client acknowledges that Imperium Illustrations cannot guarantee any results for design as outcomes are based on subjective factors that cannot be controlled by Imperium Illustrations.
• Imperium Illustrations is an online business therefore the majority of our communication is made via email, this helps us keep track of specific design requirements and any changes required.
• If you would like to chat with us on the phone or via Zoom then we are happy to do so, however we ask that you please email us and make an appointment for a time to chat.
• The Client does not assumes full copyright without purchasing an additional copyright fee separate to their Order.
• However the Client has reproduction rights upon full payment of a completed project and is licensed to use the work pertaining to their project within context to production and promotion. Under no circumstances can illustration(s) or design(s) within their project be modified or changed without the prior ownership of copyright.
• Imperium Illustrations retains personal rights to use completed projects and concept artwork for the purpose of marketing Imperium Illustrations.
• All images displayed on the Imperium Illustrations website or facebook page are subject to copyright, and must not be copied or used without full permission from Imperium Illustrations and the Client. Any breach of copyright will result in legal action being taken as necessary.
• The Client allows Imperium Illustrations to display any projects on the Imperium Illustrations website/facebook page/and portfolio for self promotion purposes.
• The Client agrees to allow Imperium Illustrations to credit design work on all websites designed by Imperium Illustrations.
• Imperium Illustrations will make every effort to meet deadlines. All quoted turnaround times are approximate. Imperium Illustrations will not be held responsible or liable for any costs resulting from late artwork or printing deliveries.
• Approval is required for all projects, via email prior to work being released.
• Whilst all care is taken by Imperium Illustrations, Imperium Illustrations is not responsible for any spelling, grammatical, numerical errors or omissions after final approval. Even if these errors are from Imperium Illustrations, it is the Client’s responsibility to proof read and check thoroughly their projects to identify any errors prior to approval.
• Some designs may contain stock images that are available for purchase. It’s the onus of the client to purchase the license(s) pretaining to any stock assests within their project.
• Any images supplied by the Client must be provided in high resolution and preferably in CMYK. Imperium Illustrations is not responsible for colour variations in conversion from RGB to process CMYK nor any copyright violations. It is the onus of the Client to have ownership or authorisation of any supplied imagery.
• Imperium Illustrations is not responsible for the reproduction quality of supplied images.
COLOUR MATCHING AND PRINTING
• It is the Client’s responsibility that they provide Imperium Illustrations the correct information regarding their final product type and its dimensions. Whilst all care is taken, Imperium Illustrations does not take responsibility for Client supplied artwork that does not print properly.
• Please note that colour on projects can vary from screen to final product. Screen proofing is not indicative of final printed piece. Printed colours can vary from printer to printer, job to job, run to run, stock to stock, or even front to back, due to the nature of the CMYK printing process.
• If necessary, Imperium Illustrations is more than happy to liaise with a nominated business such as printers, to ensure that you always receive the highest quality finished product possible. Otherwise Client will only receive the final design files for them to use at their own discretion.
• Trimming can vary from printer to printer.